L L L L L L L L L…
I was sure when I got to the Letter L that I didn’t want to use L O V E .
Not even L U R V E .
Nor L U V .
So I did what I usually do when I haven’t been able to decide what I want to do for any particular letter during the A to Z Challenge.
I made a L I S T .
It went like this. Yes. This is my process sometimes.
On the paper list ~
lapsed – Lilliputian – love songs – Love Potion No. 9 – Lynyrd Skynyrd – Led Zeppelin
I discounted those last two by the way, not wanting to be tripped up on spelling every other minute.
On the smartphone list ~
lilacs – lavender – languish – Led Zeppelin – loser
Led Zeppelin? Back to him, again?
I discounted that last one by the way, not wanting to feel like a loser because I couldn’t come up with a little L-word for this post. And because it was just negative. We don’t need no stinkin’ negativity. Isn’t that like a double negative or something?
Elen does grammar.
You might not want to linger on those lists too long. They are lacking, sorely lacking in any writerly creativity at all.
Okay. So I thought I’d give you a list of things that I love.
Yup. The L-word.
1. I love a lazy afternoon in summer, when you can hear the heat and smell the breeze.
2. I love a good spring rain. Not the kind of rain that leaves your roof in your neighbor’s yard and the cat clinging to the toilet bowl embedded in the hood of your car. But the kind of gentle rain that makes you want to puddle-splash like a kid in a pair of shiny new rain boots.
3. Mrs. Landingham from The West Wing (1999-2006). Would you like a cookie?
4. Lilacs and lavender.
These are my very own lilac blooms. This was supposed to be a dwarf lilac.
May I just say…. LOL + LMAO + ROTFLMAO
5. I love lunch. It’s my favorite meal of the day. And if it’s a perfectly cooked burger with blue cheese and bacon, I love it more.
6. Finally, I love Norah Jones. My love for her does not languish in the month of April. I wrote this post about her exactly one year ago today. Norah’s been on my mind. Sing it, Norah. Play it, J. Walter Hawkes.
I leave you with this ~
This post needed a love song after all.
Just an old-fashioned love song.
Here be Tuesday and the 12th letter of A to Z.
Will I last?