In the midst of Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, I was surprised and delighted to learn that my blog had been bestowed a Daisy Award for blogging by Lee A Jackson. Lee is a talented photographer and blogger I’ve come to know through the blogging community that is WordPress. Click on over.
I feel honored and humbled.
Now, there are some responsibilities that go with accepting a Daisy Award, which I dispatch below.
1. Display the award certificate on your website.
I have done so with pleasure. Check.
2. Announce your win with a post and include a link to whoever presented your award.
With delight. Check.
3. Present 7 awards to deserving bloggers. Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off.
This is in no particular order, for they are all very different and talented bloggers.
- The Soulsby Farm
- Jill Shalvis
- cheese and toast
- Myndi Shafer
- The Art of Doing Stuff
- Danny’s Kitchen
- Canadian Hiking Photography
With enthusiasm. Check.
4. Post 7 interesting facts about yourself.
Seven? As many as that? Hm. Okay. Here goes.
- I like my onions grilled.
- There is no such thing as too many mushrooms.
- I learned to swim when my daughter learned to swim.
- Chips trump chocolate. Chocolate trumps vegetables. Wine trumps all.
- I don’t jog. Ever.
- I secretly lust after farm machinery. Big wheels. Yes, I’m outing myself.
I consider “camping” a bad word.*
In the spirit of the award. Check.
*Yes. Yes, I know. I love Canadian Hiking Photography. It’s the photography, man. I don’t actually venture into the wild. With a tent, a tick remover, or anything spelled DEET. In the spirit of full disclosure.
Thank you, again, Lee, for the Daisy Award. I’m honored.