Breathe In… Breathe Out
Taken at Edwards Gardens in Toronto this weekend.
Who watches MasterChef and/or MasterChef Canada?
I can’t look away. They’re my cooking crack.
It’s MasterChef Canada season, and I got to thinking the other day. I do that sometimes. Think for no reason at all.
You’re riveted, right?
What I was thinking was…
If I could pick any fictional characters for a season of MasterChef Canada, who would they be?
It’s been weighing heavily on my mind for the last 72 hours. Okay, while I was raking the back garden yesterday.
Here are my top five.
- Neelix from Star Trek Voyager. The man knows what to do with an alien root vegetable. The more toxic the better. The Mystery Box Challenge would be no challenge for Neelix.
- Marilla Cuthbert from Anne of Green Gables. The woman’s got some serious plum puff game, so I figure she could give Christina Tosi of MasterChef a baking happy.
- Remy from Ratatouille. He has a passion for zee French cuisine that could make him a MasterChef contender.
- Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City. The woman uses her oven to store sweaters. Someone has to be eliminated in the first round.
- Mrs. Patmore from Downton Abbey. She knows her way around period appliances that don’t even work. Patmore would totally kill a Restaurant Takeover Challenge. She’s in charge.
Now, you. Give me one fictional character — book, tv series, or movie — that you would like to see as a contestant on MasterChef or MasterChef Canada.
And Monday is in the house.
Grab it and hang on.